Friday, February 5, 2010

Vegetarian Farmer's Market Curry

Curry isn't something I make often. In fact, I don't remember the last time I made it. Actually, I'm not sure I've ever made it! ha. Well, I had a lot of veggies from the farmer's market the other day, so I adapted a recipe to what I had:

Carrots, cauliflower, onions, garlic, broccoli and spinach



The recipe was from the cookbook Quick Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin. It's a decent cookbook that I use on occasion. This Vegetable Curry started out with a flavor base of onions, garlic, and ginger sauteed until golden brown in butter. I then added the many spices. A minute or so later I put in one can of coconut milk, chick-peas and the assorted vegetables from the farmer's market. I later added some raisins and I thought it made the curry a lot better (I usually taste food often while I am cooking). The curry made a delicious dinner over a bed of rice and there were lots of leftovers so I got multiple meals out of it!

Up close 
 
The final dish

2 comments:

  1. I have a cooking idea I'd love to talk over with you the next time we get together. Your curry looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear your cooking idea!

    ReplyDelete