Monday, October 19, 2009

Red, Green and RAW

October makes me think of orange, gold, brown, purple and deep red. This Farmer's market trip ended up having a red and green theme which was sort of random. It reminded me of Christmas. Just so you know, this color theme was not done on purpose! It just... well it just happened. 

See for yourself:
Apples, red bell peppers, grapes, raspberries, garlic, pears, strawberries, basil, chard, squash, fresh bread and raw milk. Yum.

Even though it's October those strawberries were amazing. I wonder if they were a second crop of strawberries? I know our strawberry plants produced two "crops," one in May/June and one in late September. 


Most exciting new booth at the Alameda Farmer's market: Organic Pastures!!! This is the coolest thing that I have come across in quite a while. Organic Pastures is a locally operated dairy whose cows are grass fed. The best part is that all their dairy products are RAW.  This milk is incredible. I had seen it at (and bought it from) natural grocery stores in the area, but not at the farmer's market!! I'm pretty sure it's cheaper at the farmer's market (no middle-man) and there are more choices.  I would definitely give their milk a try if you are okay with drinking raw dairy. Check out their website for more info. 


No comments:

Post a Comment