Friday, January 9, 2009

Butternut Squash Pizza

I think pizza is one of my all time favorite foods to make. It's delicious and you can throw all sorts of things on it. The other night I made a pizza with Butternut squash from our farm box. I made the pizza "Cheeseboard style". So there was no sauce, just mozarella cheese and onions on the bottom, then pre-cooked butternut squash, some olives a friend of my mom's picked and cured, more mozarella, some feta cheese and fresh sage. When it came out of the oven I brushed the crust with olive oil (with crushed garlic in it). It was definitely a winter pizza, with no tomatoes or basil anywhere near.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Alicia, that pizza looks delicious! Your knowledge of cooking with local, in-season foods is impressive! It's a passion of mine too, but it's not something that most 16-year-olds pay much attention too.

    I don't know if you ever make homemade pasta, but that's something I've done quite a bit. If you ever want help doing a pasta-making workshop with your group, let me know.

    Congratulations on the blog too! I've been keeping a blog for a few months, and I follow several. Here's a food blog you might like: bread-and-honey.blogspot.com

    And here's one by a 17-year-old that I happened to notice when reading Bread and Honey: http://schweetnsavory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete